"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."

"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."
"...You have shown me great kindness in a strong city"

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February


Now I know what you’re thinking; “ Blogging for two months in a row! I CAN’T HANDLE THIS!!!!!!!” Brace yourselves people! I’m slowly making improvements. Eventually I’ll get back to posting as frequently as I used to, one key at a time :) So far things are going pretty well as far as dance goes. In the month of March I'll be dancing in the Kat Wildish Dance Showcase at Alvin Ailey. It'll be the conclusion to the Horton Workshop I've been doing with them since January. The same weekend that performance is going on I'll also be acting in Brooklyn Tabernacle's Easter play "The Story of Love". I saw this play last year and it is so powerful!!! We had our first meeting for the play over the weekend and we just watched it from the year before and my eyes still welled up with tears! I wish everyone could watch it! We (B Tab Dance Team) are working on a few pieces for a service that's going to take place in June, really excited about how it's turning out so far.
I also got to take another workshop last weekend at Alvin Ailey with Les Twins. I don't know if any of you have heard of these guys or have even watched a video of them dancing but these guys are SICK! I love watching them dance!!! They are so passionate in every movement that they do even if it's subtle. If you haven't watched them dance go YouTube them right now! This had to be one of the best dance classes I have taken since I've been here in New York. Their english wasn't fluent but I could understand every point they tried to get apart with their dancing. The class was so hype we ended up going over the allotted time by almost an hour! It didn't even seem like it because we were having such a good time! I'm so glad I took this class I would definitely take their class again if they do another one. 
                                                                         Laurent from Les Twins


  Once again in April, Project Dance will be taking place!!!!! I'm so excited to see what God is going to do this year! Last year God just overwhelmed me the entire weekend. I always knew before coming to New York that that was something I wanted to be apart of in some way and last year being able to participate in it for the first time was such a huge blessing! I just remember God showing me pieces of my future that weekend and being blown away by His Presence. It reminds me of last week as I was walking to the train I was talking to God about all of these classes and workshops, they just seem like little fragments that don't make any sense to me right now. I can't wait to see the full picture come to fruition. All I can do is remain faithful in what I'm doing at the moment, who knows what God has up His sleeves...if He wears sleeves :)
That's pretty much what I've been up to so far. Hope all is well with all of you. Thank you all for keeping me and my family in prayer last month and for the birthday wishes for this one.
Until next time.....

Wendy\o/

No comments:

Post a Comment