"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."

"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."
"...You have shown me great kindness in a strong city"

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

BT Christmas and Genesis 28:16





These are some of the pics from the Christmas production. We had so much fun backstage. the last picture was taken by one of the the other girls on the dance team. As you can see we are a lively bunch :) I enjoyed every moment of it! By the time the last show ran I wanted to do 20 more! I LOVED doing it!!!!! It was a joy for me every time! I wish I could do things like that and get paid for it, that would be a dream come true.
After the show I continued to work and the worst part of that (besides it being in December) I had to work Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and Day! It was no fun...I promise you I'm NOT bitter.
I was asked by someone about a post that I placed of fb on Christmas day about Genesis 28:16, allow me to explain myself...
Christmas this year was...different. I worked a double shift the day before and had to open the next day so there wasn't really a way to go out of town to visit friends or family. To be honest it was a very depressing time for me. Going from cloud nine the past 2 weeks to being alone for Christmas was not my idea of a holiday. When I woke up on Christmas I knew I had a choice before me; either I become depressed and angry about my work schedule or I choose to give God glory for His goodness towards me. While worshipping God I began to realize how close God has been to me without me even realizing it. I began to remember coming home whenever I had a long day at work and I would just go in my room and I would feel this presence of peace in my room as if God was there awaiting my arrival. He tucks me in at night and listens to me as I talk to Him until I'm tired, and every morning He comes in my room to wake me up. It reminded me of Psalms 139 says, "when I awake I am still with you." and He never becomes tired of me, like Jesus said He will never cast us away from His presence. All of a sudden in that very moment I began to see God in a whole new and intimate way. I always knew He was very near but that particular morning His presence seemed so real and tangible to me. I had the best Father/Friend/Hangout Partner anyone could ever ask for and didn't even realize it until that moment. And to think that this entire time I was sulking about being alone??? Surely the Lord was in my room, in my presence, with full attention, and I knew it not. How come I didn't see it sooner? Not sure, but from that moment 'til now I don't mind being in my room chillin' with no place to go. I have my hangout Partner with me. Now I know it sounds like I've lost my mind but I'm telling you, God is just as near to you as He showed me that day. And if it still sounds a bit strange to you, ask God to show you how close He is, He'll show you. At just the right time!  

Wendy\o/

No comments:

Post a Comment