"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."

"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."
"...You have shown me great kindness in a strong city"

Monday, February 21, 2011

"The Un-pursued"

Even after the fall of satan God's heart was hurt. His very own creation turned against Him, but for some reason that did not stop Him from loving. He then went on to create Adam and Eve and once again God's heart was hurt by the sin caused by them. But once again that did not stop Him from creating, He continued to create more people. Now this is not to be confused with human's love.
I never really gave much thought as to why God created people or what goes through His mind, or even how he feels when He creates a person. I would think with all the people in the world it would become a bit mundane after a couple thousand. But to God it's not. How come? How come God never gets bored or fed up with making humans ? How come it's with joy that He creates.....?
Most humans, when in a relationship that finally comes to an end quickly go in search of another person. Someone else who can heal their pain, to fill the void of where the previous person once was.  And when that person fail to meet their needs/ expectations they run off to someone or something else to give them that sense of completeness. We even fill our lives with so much "busyness" so that our mind can have the excuse of focusing on everything else but the pain that is always in the back of our minds.
Some of us are on the other end of the spectrum. When that one person disappoint us we shut down and our hearts become calloused. We become critical of love and vow to never trust or love anyone that deeply ever again, but always secretly wanting someone, if not that very person who hurt us to come and                           tear down the walls that we've so carefully built.
So why does God still desires and chooses to love when millions of us choose to hurt Him on a daily basis?
Romans 10:20 ".....I have been found by these who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me..."
I know I wasn't looking for God when He found me, I was actually sinning at the time when He found me.
Have you ever been pursued by someone? When you're being pursued by someone you kinda take it for granted. It kind of automatically happens. You just figures it's always going to be that way. It usually not until the pursuit stops is when most people notice that they were being pursued. And it's not until then is when the person that was being sought after realizes the importance of the person that was pursuing them. Unless they were annoying :)
I think we who are in the Body of Christ fall in to the same pattern of thinking. We sometimes think that once God has captured our attention and brought us into His house He is immediately uninterested in us. That He no longer pursues us but that it's now all about pursuing Him. My friend, I am here to tell you that it is not like that! God is still pursuing you in ways you my not even begin to understand! Most of us (and I'm guilty of it) look pass God's pursuit on our lives and just think that now it's all about getting others to know Him. Don't hear me wrong, God does want everyone to know Him, and He uses us to get people who don't know Him to know Him but we can not effectively do that unless we realize His love in our lives and through our own stories and our experience with God are people's lives able to change. I challenge you to open your eyes today and see how God is pursuing or looking after you. It may be a lot more obvious than you think. Sometimes it's in the most simplest things.

Wendy\0/

No comments:

Post a Comment