"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."

"Fearfully and Wonderfully made..."
"...You have shown me great kindness in a strong city"

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012...Ireland!!!!

Hello everyone! Seems as if more time has passed than I expected in between these posts. I've been pretty busy between work and dance, and it's been a real blessing. So far this year has gotten off to a rough start so this post would be a great reminder to me of God's amazing faithfulness. After the summer program with H+ I had an opportunity to be apart of a music video which was pretty. cool. Then later on in November I got to break out of the country and go to Northern Ireland to see my friends get married.










                                             


First off I just want to say that this trip was NOT planned at all! God totally surprised me with this one! I still can't seem to wrap my head around it. I had an AMAZING time! They spoiled me the entire time I was there! Had a great time with great food and great people. I asked my friend if she was going to throw her bouquet after the wedding like we do in America and she told me that it wasn't apart of the Irish tradition, but she decided to do it anyway since there were a few Americans present. Well, she threw the bouquet and I ended up catching it. Third wedding in a row that I've caught the bouquet, not so sure what that's suppose to mean after the third time :). That Sunday me and one of Tim's (the groom) friend and I went and explored Dublin, and ended up at the Guinness Storehouse. I really wanted to explore London also while I was there but wasn't able to make it happen. I'm saving that for this year. If the LORD wills I will be in London and Germany in August of this year to celebrate and dance at my friend's wedding. I'm so excited! Can't wait!
 In September I began preparing with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Dance Team for the Christmas production. The people on the dance team are some of the coolest and funnest people I've worked with on a dance team. We all compliment each other very well and they are all very encouraging. Being on the team challenged and helped me a lot physically and mentally.  I've come to learn that dancing is more mental than anything. As a dancer you have to let go of anything that keeps you from being focused from capturing the choreography that's being given and you also have to let go of anything that hinders you from freely executing the movement. You also have to be confident in knowing that you know how to execute the movement which is something I've struggled with so many times, knowing that I'm not a professionally trained dancer. This is something I constantly came face to face with throughout the year while doing different dance events or classes. I know God created me the way I am for a reason. It's so obvious, and I can see it myself but my mindset still needs to catch up with what God wants to do in my life. I don't want to limit myself or what God desires to do in my life. He really did a lot of pruning in that area last year not just in dance but in other areas in my life. He's still doing it.  I see the challenge. It's difficult, but I still want to face it head on. I'm grateful that He wired me that way. He knows exactly what we need and how much we can handle, and He'll give us amount of strength we need for each season of our life.
So I'm going to end here and post some pictures from the Christmas production, I know it's gonna be backwards but I think it will work out better. Don't want to post over any pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment